Saturday, July 17, 2010

62. Clean Out My Car & Keep it Clean For One Month

So I don't know if you've ever had the pleasure of riding in a vehicle owned by me, but I keep a messy car.  Not like most people with a few empty coffee cups and an item or two of clothing in it. My car has the look of a crazy woman who lives in her vehicle and will at some point be found dead in it by the police.  My car usually has at least two large black trash bags full of trash in the back, several Stop & Shop bags numerous Diet Coke cans, empty Starbucks cups , empty cigarette packs, fast food bags, candy wrappers, empty cotton candy buckets (oh it comes in buckets), old receipts and candy wrappers strewn throughout the front and back seats.  I typically travel alone, so I don't usually need to make room for passengers, so really there's just enough room for me to get in and out. On the rare occasion I have to open the back door, I'm usually greeted by some composition of large amount of shit I keep in my car falling to my feet...which can be slightly embarrassing when a passerby happens to look in my direction.  I happen to have no problem with how I keep my car.  I pay for it, I drive in it and quite frankly feel, if you don't like it....don't get in it.  That having been said, my mother, boyfriend, friends and family seem to think its fine to be all judgy and make little comments like.."don't you think you should clean your car" and "your car is disgusting". The nerve of some people. 



Anyways, I made a date with my Goddaughter some weeks ago and she's 9 and can't sit in the front seat. Although in my car the front seat would've been perfect for her cause I would've fucked all the stuff into the back seat and her little legs wouldn't have been long enough to hit the trash on floor.  But apparently its unsafe for her to be in the front seat so prior to leaving Culum's house I told him I was going to "clean my car out quick" before picking her up.  I've never seen him move so quickly, suddenly he was at my side with trash bags and a vacuum.  Over the next half hour we briskly got rid of a ridiculous amount of trash, found 4 lighters and a substantial amount of change.  He vacuumed my car and it was really clean.  I got some Windex and wiped it down and cleaned the windows and it actually looked nice.  Once it was done I kinda felt like I probably should try to keep it clean and now it just is.  I find myself picking up small pieces of paper off the floor and bringing in empty soda cans everyday.  So its been a month....who ever woulda thought

No comments:

Post a Comment