Sunday, July 4, 2010

68. Start Going To Counseling

So if you read my last blog you know I clearly have some "daddy issues", in addition, I suffer from some pretty ridiculous anxiety, chronic pain and I have the ADD.  So I need to work out those things, as well as a few other things so yesterday I started the counseling.  As I said in my last blog, I was raised without any stigma surrounding mental health issues, so going to counseling really doesn't embarrass me or make me feel like I'm crazy. Quite frankly I think most Americans these days could go talk to someone for an hour a week about their fucked up childhood, cause lets be honest there's no such thing as "normal" anymore.  So I was extremely excited to meet with Barbara and am really excited to do what work needs to be done to get through my issues.   I also am super excited that I get to go somewhere for an hour and talk about me, without feeling bad...cause I love to talk about me.  I really do, I love to talk about me, tell my stories and listen to the sound of my own voice.  That doesn't make me a bad person, just slightly self-absorbed, probably something else I should work on with Barb...I wonder if she'll let me call her that.  Anyways, I feel like I'm starting a fresh new chapter in my life, be proactive about working through my issues...almost like an adult.  I may revisit this number if I have like a break though in therapy, that happens right? But if not, I have officially crossed #68 off my list

No comments:

Post a Comment